Wednesday 26 October 2011

Wow: Breastfeeding is done?

Just like that my Belle doesn't want my milk anymore.   I have been saying that I can't wait for this time to be done.  I also always said I would just follow her lead and I figured she'd let me know when she was ready to be done.  We have been down to the night time feed for a long time.  Now for the past two nights she has just fought out of the blue and sleeps just fine without me.   It's a case of I just wish I knew that I was having my last feed, just to say goodbye.  She's healthy and beautiful but not particularly cuddly.  My feeds with her were the only times when we were both still.  I am going to miss it.  But my gosh she is beautiful.  Mommies just enjoy when you can as it really can end suddenly.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can't believe she just stopped like that. I felt teary just reading it. We are still 2 feeds a day - morning and night. I don't think she'll ever stop :) I don't want the cuddling to end either.
    Congratulations on breastfeeding so long! You are an awesome mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support Meg. It was a tough one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wierder still, the week she stopped feeding she got a fever that took almost 3 days to break. Momma's milk is amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete